The Delta Breeze Lacrosse program is designed to teach and expand the game of lacrosse into East Contra Costa County at the elementary, middle school and high school levels. We believe the game teaches a system of values and beliefs well suited to the future our children will face. We also believe that accessibility leads to diversity which greatly enhances the character of the sport and its values.
We invite boys and girls ages 6 to 16 to join us through practices, scrimmages and informal games during fall ball. In 2024 we will field a 16-18 team for boys. Due to CIF restrictions, we will play teams outside our geographical area and will plan for round robin playdays to make sure they get time on the field with great opponents. Our NCJLA teams will participate in games both home and away during the Spring of 2024.
WHAT WE DO
The Delta Breeze Lacrosse program teaches and promotes the game of lacrosse in East Contra Costa County at the elementary and middle school level. We hope to add teams at the high school level in future seasons. We’ll provide instruction for beginners in addition to scrimmages and informal games for more experienced players.
Delta Breeze Lacrosse is a 501(c) 3 non profit organization.
NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS AS OF JULY 1, 2023
Ward Geis – President
Daren Shappet – Vice President
Craig Bosco – Secretary
Laurie Boone – Treasurer
Morning Dawn Johnson – Member at Large
Nikki Pryor – Member at Large
These primary duties are split between board members, coaches and volunteer parents:
- Liaison with La Paloma HS, City of Brentwood, NCJLA and US Lacrosse
- Game Scheduling (Arbiter and Sports Engine)
- Fields (game & event reservations)
- Website and Social Media (Sports Engine & Facebook)
- Player registration and event management (Sports Engine)
- Parent/player/coach communications (emails, texts)
- Publicity and advertising (press writeups, banners, school flyers)
- Financial management (BOD report, Taxes, A/R & A/P)
- Equipment and uniform management
- Coach registration and liability insurances
- Game day and practice day coordination (first aid, equipment, signups, waivers, pinnies)